Saturday, April 16, 2011

Turkey Fan/Beard Display

I recently finished up another project I've been wanting to complete for some time now. Several years back I was fortunate enough to call in and harvest my first turkey, an old tom with a 10 1/2" beard. I decided to make my own display panel for the bird's tail and beard. I took a really nice piece of red oak, cut out the pattern I wanted, routed the edge to give it a fancier look, stained the wood, put a few coats of polyurethane on the plaque, and attached the tail and beard. I think this will make a nice addition to my ever-growing trophy room. What do you think?

2 comments:

Karen Thomason/Gordon Setter Crossing said...

WOW! That's a huge turkey! The mount is very nice. A beautiful way to display this magnificent tail spread.

Unknown said...

I like the board! Very nice!