Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Opening Day of Dove Season 2008

We had a really good opening day of dove season at the hunting lease this year. I had scouted the morning before and thought we might do okay but I didn't expect it to be this good. My Dad and I each got our limit of 15 by 9:00 that morning. We were joined by my Uncle Rusty and my cousin Shane and all together we bagged 44 birds on opening morning. I believe that should be enough to justify firing up the grill during our upcoming work weekend on the 13th and 14th.

We also got a ladder stand put up in a new spot and my trail camera up and running in preparation for archery season which is just around the corner - September 27th to be exact. We did a little fishin' while we were there as well. Shane is a photographer on the side and he brought his camera and snapped these pictures from this weekend. I thought they were pretty neat.

No comments: