Thursday, March 19, 2009

Back On Topic

I've been a little off-topic on my last few posts. Let's get back to the foundation of "Rob's Hunting Journal".

I've always been a fan of fine shotguns, although I've never had the funds to purchase a really nice one. I've admired them in magazines, on the internet, and in person inside the Cabela's Gun Library. I'm not talking about the ones you see behind the counter at the Wal-Mart sporting goods or even behind the "regular" gun counter at Cabela's. I'm talking about the ones they have locked up in glass cases that you have to make an appointment to purchase.

I'm especially fond of the over/under shotguns used for upland game hunting. They are a thing of beauty, especially when they are embellished with some custom engraving on the receiver and the stock and forend are made of exotic wood. I found one on the internet this evening that looks exactly like what I would want my custom shotgun to look like.

This is a custom Krieghoff K-80 Sporter with game scenes engraved on both sides. The right side features an English Pointer bird dog with a flushing covey of bob-white quail. The left side depicts another English Pointer with a pair of pheasants flushing. It features a high grade wood with a beautiful, dark grain. Price tag: $22,000.



No comments: