Saturday, February 6, 2010

Teen from Loving turns terrible year into Stock Show victory

This story doesn't have anything to do with hunting, but I thought I would share it anyway. Loving, Texas, which is the town this girl is from, is just a few miles from where I do most of my hunting. I participated in stock shows when I was in high school, and I understand how much time and effort (and money) goes into raising these animals. I can't imagine having to deal with the life-threatening health issues she has endured at the same time.

Make sure you scroll down and pause the music at the bottom before you play the video.

The link to the full story is here.

And by the way, her steer sold this morning for an all-time Fort Worth Stock Show record of $210,000! Congratulations to Rikki!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was an awesome story Rob and I, for one, am glad you posted it. It's just nice to see when things work out.

Bill said...

What a great story!

matt said...

thanks for posting that Rob. i think more of this kind of news would be a good thing.