Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dad Finds a Very Unique Shed

I was able to spend some time with my dad this afternoon looking for some sheds. Despite the drizzly, wet weather conditions, he and I, along with my friend Justin scoured the woods in search of fallen antlers. It was a good afternoon, and my dad found a shed that is by far the most unique I have ever seen. Instead of just finding one antler, he found a fresh set of antlers from this year that had completely grown together at the bases. When the deer shed it's antlers, they fell off his head as a single piece!


Isn't that the strangest thing you have ever seen! I'm gonna start calling that deer the "Monobrow Buck".

Great find, Daddy! I enjoyed the time we got to spend in the woods together.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weird! Wouldn't know what to think of that while out hunting!

Ben G. said...

How cool is that! I have never in my life even heard of antlers growing together.

Bill said...

I've never seen anything like that before. A very unique find!

Karen Thomason/Gordon Setter Crossing said...

lVery cool! Glad you posted several views. My husband thought they were cut off a deer until he saw the pic of the bottom of the antlers. Have you investigated this to see what the odds are of this happening? I'm sure every one would like to know since no one seems to have seen this before. I sure would. Great find!

Marian Ann Love said...

That's very unique indeed...

Glad you got to spend some quality time with your Dad. Nice pictures Rob.

r. hurd said...

that is strange and awesome. I suck at shed hunting. Its cool to see real success. Keep it up.

r.