Sunday, May 17, 2009

The End of Turkey Season

Turkey season finally comes to a close today here in North Texas and unfortunately I wasn't able to harvest a bird this year. My schedule the past month and a half only allowed me to get two partial days of hunting in. I had planned a trip for yesterday with my dad, but the weather ended up not cooperating and we decided to throw in the towel. We'll get 'em next year! Here is a painting by Reggie McLeroy that I found that would have been a scene from yesterday had I braved the weather. This was the 2003 Texas Turkey Stamp.
Over the years I've learned some lessons from turkeys. Click here for an example.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your season has ended. My season has only been open for about a week and a half and I have only been able to get out twice, there is always next year. At least you were able to get out.