Saturday, May 2, 2009

Let Creation Testify . . .

I love the outdoors - whether it is hunting or fishing, mowing the yard, watching a baseball game, playing in the backyard with the kids, taking a Sunday drive, looking up at the stars, or just sitting on the porch - I'd rather be outside. I enjoy taking in God's creation and admiring the work of His hands.

The group Mercy Me has a song called "You Reign" that really relates to this topic. Here are the lyrics:

Even before there was a drop in the ocean
Even before there was a star in the sky
Even before the world was put in motion
You were on Your throne
You were on Your throne

CHORUS:
You reign
Glory in the highest
You reign
Let creation testify
By Your name
Every knee will bow
And every tongue proclaim
That Jesus reigns

Even before Your hand made the heavens
Even before the breath of all mankind
Even before we had to be forgiven
You were on Your throne
You were on Your throne

[CHORUS]

Yesterday, today and forever
You are God who was, and is and is to come

[CHORUS]

Let every tongue proclaim
Let every tongue proclaim
That Jesus reigns

I've decided to start a new blogging adventure to take a closer look at God's creation and hopefully learn some spiritual lessons along the way. Please feel free to join me at this link: Let Creation Testify . . .

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I love this song. Well done on the new blog!

Anonymous said...

Being in the outdoors is what makes us who we are. I certainly would not give that up for anything.

Brian Grossman said...

That is a great song, and a great post. Whenever I let doubt slip into my mind, all it takes is a trip into the outdoors to be quickly reminded that all of what we see didn't just happen by chance. Every creation has a creator, and our world is certainly no different.

It reminds me of a verse from Romans - "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." Romans 1:20

Tom said...

I wish I went to church more than I do, but it just hasn't worked out that well the past few years. I have taken to referring to the outdoors as my church, and believe me, I always feel closest to the Lord there. Something more powerful and smarter than us definitely had to create this amazing world we live in! Great blog and even greater messages! I will be sure to stop by more often.

Tom

lralph said...

I love the song and the idea of the new blog. It's good to see fellow christians appreciate God's creation and blog about it.

native said...

Couldn't have said it better, well done!